Natural stones of all different types have proven themselves to be invaluable in construction, highway, landscaping and community projects throughout the years. While many people find they are in need of these materials, most have no idea how to choose suitable crushed stone. In fact, the buying process is more than what you are seeing. If you’re in the market for crushed rock, you’re not alone. Baichy Machiney will help you to know about the crushed stone.
Crushed rock is more than any old type of stone that has been reduced in size. It’s important to understand the strengths of each different type of aggregate material, as some are better as a base or sub base material while others thrive as surfacing materials.
1. Crushed Stone - Crushed stone can be purchased at 3/4″, 1.5″ and 2.5″ in diameter, depending on its intended usage. Crushed stone is most frequently used as an aggregate in construction projects, but it can also be used in the production of portland cement and can even act as the surfacing material for a gravel driveway or path. In addition, you might find crushed stone spread as railroad ballast.
2. Washed Clean Stone - Washed clean stone is available in 1/4″, 3/8″ and 3/4″ sizes to meet a variety of needs. Like crushed stone, it is screened, but it is also thoroughly cleaned in order to remove all dust, debris and residue.
3. Pea Gravel - The small, smooth and rounded stones are characterized by a number of interesting colors, including white, tan, brown, gray, blue, red and green. The stones offer shock absorbency and excellent drainage.
4. Quarry Process - Quarry process consists of a deliberate mixture of crushed stone and stone dust fines. The materials are easily compacted and bond together to create a semi-permenant surface. It is choice for constructing a firm foundation or sub base, and can be used in the pavement of driveways and roads.
5. Stone Dust - Stone dust or stone screenings are the finest form of pulverized stone available. It’s often spread below pavers to hold each unit in place, and to fill in the voids between different types of crushed rocks.
Baichy Machinery is a professional manufacturer for kinds of stone crushing machine. We know the crushed stone usage and application well. If you want to crush stone by yourself, welcome to send inquiry about the solution.